Monday, December 3, 2012

No sketch challenge today--but I do have....

a fun card to share with you.  I am posting late because I was trying to decide what to do about my sketch challenges.  The participation has been really low lately and it is really discouraging--it takes me quite a bit of time to come up with all the sketches and I am thinking it is not really worth it.  So with that being said I think I will let the challenges go --at least for the rest of the year.  At one point I had a team of people who played along so it really didn't matter who else played along since we all played and visited each other and had fun sharing together.  If I am able to put together another team to play along I will begin again in January!  And if not--then I will just continue to share and do other peoples challenges--there are so many to play along with that I won't even miss my own, lol.  So we will see where it goes from here--sometimes change is good.

Starting tomorrow I will be one of the new design team members for the Try Stamping on Tuesday Blog!  I am really excited to be a part of this great team!  So be sure to stop back tomorrow to meet the other players and join in on the fun.  And of course I am still on the Latenightstamper's challenge team.

Here is a non-Christmas card share for you today--need to take a break from all those holiday cards every now and then to keep my sanity.  I have been wanting to do one of these star/sun burst cards for a long time but just never gave it a try--but there were lots of scraps laying around on my work table so I thought--now is the time!  So I used those Christmas paper scraps to make a thank you card!


Isn't that fun!  Don't even look like Christmas Papers does it.  Of course that paper pack is not a what you would call a traditional Christmas.  The pack is called the Festival of Prints and it is available in the Holiday mini.

Stamps: Engraved Greetings
Paper: Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla and Festival of Prints paper pack
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Other: pearls, spellbinders dies

When I made mine I kind of eyeballed it but I did make a quick (and I mean quick) template in MDS to share with my customers.  You can print it out and cut out all the individual starburst pieces.  The file should be 5.25 by 4.    Next choose your papers--I would use at least three different papers.  Next you would just use some teporary adhesive to hold each individual starburst piece over you paper of choice and use it to cut your parts. After all your individul pieces are cut you can  just re-arrange on your base sheet in order. Don't worry too much about the parts that are behind the circle--it will be covered.  Hope this makes sense -- if not feel free to ask any questions.

 


  See you in the morning with the Try Stamping on Tuesday Challenge!!!

Mary Jo




1 nice people left a comment:

TrishG said...

Great card, Mary Jo!
Nice use of that patterned paper and the fun thankyou. I like the "sunburst" look!

I do try to come look at your challenge each week, but don't always have time to do it - just so you know. At one time I had a challenge too, but I also dropped it for low participation, because I know it does take a lot of time and effort!