Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Couple of challenges

I have so many cards that I have not shared on here yet. But I need to post these two today so that I can link them up with the challenges they go for. Do you ever do that. Participate in a challenge and then by the time you post the card you missed the challenge?! I do it all the time. So here are two I am trying not to miss this time. The first is the Create with Connie and Mary sketch...


 This is the first time I am using this dove--I just love it.  So pretty.
Stamps:  Comfort and Joy
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black
Other: ribbon, snow burst embossing folder

Next up is the 411 sketch for this week...



Stamps: The sounding Joy, Scenic Season
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Other: ribbon, brad, embossing folder, markers, nestability die

Both of these cards also fit the Latenightstamper's challenge to make Christmas cards with non-traditional colors.

Happy Today!
Mary Jo

11 nice people left a comment:

inkedx2 said...

Great cards Mary Jo! Love the first one the best.

Lisa Martz said...

Love the white dove and the crisp, clean look of the Baja, White and Black. Great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Tammy Fite said...

Both cards are beautiful!!!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous cards Mary Jo! I love your blocking treatment of the dove stamp--so clever--and the colors are divine! So glad you joined us at CCMC!

Deb said...

Wow! Both cards are just gorgeous!! I love your dove card with the black! Really adds such a pop! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

I love all your textures and love how the dove just pops on your design! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, love how you popped the bird off the card by using white on the dark background! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

I like how you split the dove on the sketch challenge. Very elegant card! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Selene Kempton said...

I love them both! Beautiful job Mary Jo! I love your style.

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful card, MJ! Great job with this week's Stamping 411 Sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

Gorgeous cards!!!