Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Three Clover's Thursday Challenge and More!

Welcome to another Three Clovers Thursday challenge on Wednesday Night. I am so lucky to be on the Design Team for Kerry and her challenges, I get to see them before you do. I hope you will join us this week we are making ornaments. I am just loving the way mine turned out. I hate some copper sheets laying around for (dare I admit it) about 5 years or more, lol, so I thought I should use them for something. Isn't this just beautiful. This is my absolute favorite SU Christmas set -- simple, elegant and to the point--that is what Christmas is all about!


Don't forget to head over to Kerry's blog and see what everyone else has done with this challenge.

Stamps: Christ is Born
Paper: Brushed Silver and Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark
Other: embossing powder, glitter, embossing plate, copper sheets, circle scissors plus, ribbon


This next share was actually a last minute little gift idea for the people who came to our Advent Pot Luck dinner at church tonight. I made up 40 of these today and they were a big hit. I have to thank Sandi MacIver and Janet Wakeland for my inspiration. Janet actually has a pdf of the poem on her site!




Stamps: Holy Triptych
Paper: Always Artichoke, Brushed Gold, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke craft
Other: computer for poem, clear embossing powder, hand held punch, ribbon

Thanks for stopping by today--Hope you are having a fabulous week!

Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

Carey said...

That ornament is simply to die for. Now I have to find my copper sheets too. I got some back in the days when I worked at Michaels which would be about 8 years ago so I have you beat on not using it. Thanks again for the wonderful inspiration.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Kerry D-C said...

Wowzas!!! These are stunning!!! STUNNING!!!!! *I* am so lucky to have you and your creativity on my challenge team!!! You are amazing! Thank YOU!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 18. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 18. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful ornament! the cards are wonderful as well, you are amazing!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful MJ, love the embossed copper sheets!

Sue from Oregon said...

So very pretty! And 40...you are one speedy stamper!

Ida said...

Totally Stunning and Elegant ornament. Love it!

Judy Bickel said...

Mary Jo, just catching on some great inspiration and saw your ornament. I have to ask, what is the copper sheet attached to? Very lovely ornament and I plan on making some up for my Church's Christmas Bizarre for next year. Thanks for all the great inspiration your website offers!