Sunday, April 19, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #66

Today's sketch is another pretty easy one, especially if you own the circle scissors plus or Nestabilities. There are so many things that will fit in the circle you can let your imagination go wild--I did as you will see. Of course I combined challenge again for today but I will tell you about that after you see the sketch. So here it is.........


My first card is combined with the Color Throwdown Challenge #38. I have three more cards with this combo that I will post in the morning for the Latenight Stamper's weekly challenge. The colors this week were just beautiful!



I used the Friends 24-7 stamp set and of course it is 100% current stampin up and qualifys for my You're Hired again series. Actually all three of my cards today are part of this series, they all are 100% current Stampin Up and they will all be going to Sherrill Graff.




Stamps: Friends 24-7 and Really Retro
Paper: Ruby Red, Baja Breeze Whisper White and Urban Oasis DP
Ink: Ruby Red, Baja Breeze, Going Grey
Other: Ruby Red brads, circle scissors plus,white ribbon that has been dyed with ruby red ink. word window punch, sponges, markers, gel pen


The next two cards are for the Design Team monthly theme challenge. Our challenge for April is to make projects that are for Mother's Day, Graduation, or Spring. Well I have made a few for Spring and a few for Mother's Day but I did not have any current graduation sets so I had to get creative. Keep in mind I don't have anyone graduating from college or highschool--just the elementary school so these cards are both kid friendly.

hen I say this idea on Leigh O'Briens blog. I knew I had to try it and I just happen to have a bunch of these little games laying around-image that! What don't I have laying around, lol. My son loves skulls so I knew I had to use this set. The graduation hat is hand drawn.



Stamps: Just Jawin and Hugs and Wishes
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Grey texture and regular, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: mini ball game, embroidery thread

The next is also a graduation card and the hat is again hand drawn. This really is a cute set for graduation cards, don't you think?



Stamps: Animal Crackers, Really Retro
Paper: Bella Birds DP, So Saffron DP, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Other: Chocolate Chip ribbon, markers, word window punch, small, large and scallop oval punches, So Saffron brads.

The colors on this last one are from the SCS it is CC214

Phew! I hope I remembered all of the challenges I was using. I also hope you will chose to play along this week. Let me know what you think of my graduation cards--are they too different?

Anyway after you make your sample for the sketch challenge don't forget to come on back and leave a link on Mister Linky below. And be sure to stop back to see the other samples the team does a great job each week! When uploading on line please use the keyword TSSC66

See Ya Later!
Mary Jo




16 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Boy, you've been busy - wonderful job with all the challenges!

Lisa Bohler said...

These are great! I have to say my favorite is the puzzle/skull card! You made your card into a game!!! You clever lady you! All are fab, though!

Barbara said...

These are fabulous, MaryJo! Of course, I just love the first of the three, Friends 24-7....we used the same set with such different results. BUT, IMHO, they are both gorgeous!!

Hetty said...

What lovely cards for this weeks challenge! I agree, the puzzle skull is a great find. I have to look into this!

LeAnne said...

Such nice cards---the game/skull one cracks me up! Love it! But your CTD is quite pretty---love that set!
Thanks for playing! I see you have some more, too, can't wait to see them.

Michelle N. said...

You have been on a roll lately! Super-duper, neat, fun and adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your skull card is absolutely adorable!!! How clever! I'm so lucky to be paired up with you! :)

Broni said...

Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week! Love your beautiful card with the cut-out bird!

Colleen said...

I loved this sketch Mary Jo! Thank you so much for the inspiration. As usual, I was unable to exactly follow directions. It was an issue in school, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Really good sketch - able to showcase the main image so well!

Anonymous said...

BTW - your cards are wonderful!!!

Kerry D-C said...

I can't believe I didn't comment when I left my link....sorry!!!
These are SPLENDIFEROUS! especially the YOU ROCK one!! It ROCKS!

Nancy Dawson said...

Yes your cards are wonderful and thank you for sharing with 'the rest of us'!

Julie said...

Sorry I am late. Better late than never.

Anonymous said...

Yours is always the first challenge I click on Monday mornings---loved your layout. Your cards are always so creative! Mine is posted too. Thanks for the great inspiration. Nola

Mary C said...

This was an awesome sketch this week Mary Jo! I loved all your cards but my favorite was the really cute giraffe. Thanks for another great challenge.