Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #54

Here we go again! Another Friday, another sketch we are at week 54. Here is the sketch...


And now my card....


I am not really sure I like this set. I am not much of a Rooster person but thought it was something different. What do you think? Yes, you like it --No it is not my style????

Stamps: Rustic Rooster
Paper: Real Red, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, So Saffron DP
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, nestabilities, large oval punch, faux brads, rub on words, wide real red ribbon

Want to play along? I would love to have ya join in. All you have to do is create a card using the sketch and then come on back here and leave a link on Mister Linky to the direct post. Can't wait to see what you come up with.





Mary Jo

12 nice people left a comment:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Mary Jo. I'm right there with you, not sure about the rooster. Remember Provencal (think that was the name of the set). I don't think I ever used the rooster in that set.

Rina said...

Okay, okay, okay Mary Jo...I'm not a rooster person either but...I love the color scheme and the layout. Great job on the coloring as well. Nice take =)

Lisa Somerville said...

Great to see you step out of your comfort zone.

thestampinglady said...

I love the rooster! I even collect Rooster/chicken rubber stamps--I know weird right? Must be the farmer's daughter in me! dar

Kristen said...

I think it all works well together. Great job taking on a "new" type of card! Can;t wait to try the skecth. Love it!

Anonymous said...

what a great sketch..thanks!! :) I had fun playing!! Your card is stunning!

Kerry D-C said...

I think it came out beautiful!!! It is tough to step out of our comfy spots.

Stampin_melissa said...

I'm not a rooster person but you did a fabulous job with this one! I just added my info to Mr. Linky so you can see my interpretation of your sketch. :D

Rachel Brumley said...

Mary Jo

I love your card - great job! I love roosters and buy the SU stamp sets just because they include roosters!

Also, great job on the sketch this week. I have to say this one was very challenging!

Julie said...

This was a fun sketch. As always, your card is wonderful. Thanks for the sketch and the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great sketches! You're always an inspiration!

Stampin_melissa said...

I just used this sketch again tonight! Thanks MJ for the inspiration!

http://stampinmelissa.blogspot.com/2009/02/copic-junkies-challenge.html